Saturday, 14 February 2015

Woo Valentine's?!

Good morning Sweet Valentines,

Now today's post is inspired by a blogger called Rhianna and her post Love Yourself On Valentines Day, and I'm midway through her list of things to do to love yourself and I will be posting another post later on today 

Basically I am a strong believer (and not so strong contender) to the 'Love Yourself' mantra and it is very very important that we do love ourselves. I have spent a good chunk of my life not loving myself and it really was time wasted, because loving yourself really does make you happy and when you realise that the bestest friend you could ever have is you, then you'll never be alone.

I know, I know, much easier said than done, and - being a perfectionist (among other things) - I'm probably an ideal culprit for not loving myself, or not making time to love myself. But if you love yourself it makes it ten times easier to love others around you and to spread that positivity and help them love themselves too (god I sound like my mother!)

Now I'm not really a huge celebrater of Valentine's Day (partly because I've never had anyone to celebrate with, but that's not the point), but I've never really seen it as a day where I feel particularly down because I'm single, I just see it as another day.


By all means, if you're lucky enough to find someone out there who you want to share this self love with, go for it! I've got to say, I do get jealous every now and then, some of you guys are pretty cute, I'll admit it, and I can't wait for the days I can share with someone in that way, but until then I shall enjoy my independence.

I feel that the hype around Valentine's Day is great and all that (any excuse for a celebration)
But the fact is that it isn't just for couples, because it's a day about love. And as Hugh Grant very clearly put it; Love Actually is all around. It deserves to be celebrated and cherished for everyone, because with all the negativity in this world today, at the end of the day we are all people and people deserve to be loved, whoever they are. 
So share a bit of love, to everyone, give them a hug, give a compliment, smile, tell someone you love them (It needs to be said, it doesn't have to be deep and meaningful just remind them that you care about them)

And most importantly, love yourself, tell you that you love you! Channel that inner self love and repeat these words: You are Perfect. You are Beautiful and You are are a Good and Worthy Person! (Don't judge my soppyness guys, I'm just feeling it ok!)


(What a film! I can't wait to watch this with my mum next time I go home!)

And if today, you're not quite up for being by yourself, put that smile on and spend time with people you love. Whether that be your boyfriend, girlfriend, spouse, or whether it be your best friends, your parents, your little shit of brother (excuse my french) or your cat! 

Make sure you're doing what makes you happy, whatever that may be (Within reason)! Cause if no-one else, I love you all, each and every one, and I hope you all have a wonderful day.


What are your plans for Valentine's Day?

2 comments :

  1. i don't really care either way for valentines day, it'd be cute to have someone to spend the day with but i'm not bothered when i don't! hope you had a nice day :)

    xx danielle // shades of danielle // bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it really was a good day actually! Hope you did too!

      Delete