Monday, 4 May 2015

The Most Amazing Cookies!

Happy May Bank Holiday to all,

Now I don't know about you, but this fine bank holiday it was quite beautiful and relatively warm outside (very unusual) so I took my revision out and enjoyed a nice morning in the sun. 

Unfortunately the sun began to diminish as it got into the afternoon, and after my productive('-ish') morning I really fancied baking some cookies! Also I think since the beautiful Tanya Burr posted a blog post of her amazing cookie recipe which you can find here, I had the urge to get my baking on!!

So me and my housemates took it upon ourselves to bake some splendid cookies. .... And splendid they were indeed! They were bloody amazing!




You can find here recipe on her blog post but here are the ingredients and you basically just bung them together and pop in the oven for 11 minutes at 200 degrees. 

200g butter
300g caster sugar
275g self-raising flour
75g cocoa powder
(we didn't have milk cause we wanted to save the last bits for a cuppa) 
1 large egg
a whole lotta chocolate! We only used 1 and a bit of these bars of dairy milk but you can put anything in I guess.


First mix the butter and sugar together then add the other ingredients bit by bit.




Tip: Stick to the 11 minutes in the oven and then wait (I know it took all the willpower we had) about 25-30 minutes for them to harden a bit so that when you pick them up they won't just collapse. This way they're nice and gooey in the middle and the chocolate doesn't burn it just melts in the cookie and oh my god I'm dribbling writing this!




Look at them tasty beauties!

What exciting things have you been up to this bank holiday??



18 comments :

  1. Now I have cravings for those cookies. They look delicious. Great job.

    LEJA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, they were incredible!

      Delete
  2. Phwoooar these look ridiculously good...if only I could reach through the screen right now!
    Dimples Diaries // Sustainable Fashion & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were incredible, thanks Hannah! Oh, I wish I could pass one to you! ;)

      Delete
  3. They look amazing! I'm sure they taste delicious!

    Serena / www.ramblingsofanotherunistudent.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg they look delicious! I need to do some more baking!

    littleladyzahra.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were great! So easy and quick too!

      Delete
  5. These do look amazing, now I am craving homemade cookies!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I want to make them again right now!

      Delete
  6. Wow, they look incredible! Thank you for sharing the recipe, I'm definitely going to have to try those! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do! I'm tempted to make another batch soon ;)

      Delete
  7. you are making me so hungry ! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Sara! Hopefully hungry enough to have a go at baking them!

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. They so are!! I've just entered your giveaway!

      Delete