Monday, 9 November 2015

October Favourites

Now that we're into November (Only 46 sleeps till Christmas, just saying) I thought I'd do a quick post on what I've been loving in October.



1. Tesco Blanket


Due the sudden drop in temperature and the fact that my room downstairs in an already cold student house is utterly freezing most of the time, I decided to invest in a £25 snuggly throw/blanket from Tesco which you can take a look at here.

This is probably one of my favourite purchases for a very long time, and it is the most snuggly blanket I've ever had and I love it and currently have it wrapped round me this very moment!

It has a sort of knitted look on one side and on the other it is kind of sheepskin material like you get in snuggly dressing gowns from TopShop! It's good stuff! I really love it and it keeps me nice and warm through those cold cold nights of revision.


2. Twining's Salted Caramel Green Tea

Now I've never been a fan of green tea and it never really appealed to me (being a classic PG Tips girl) but when I saw this on the shelf of my local Co-op and with 10% off my whole shop with NUS, I thought I'd give it a go.

Now it's not the best tasting drink in the world (compared to hot chocolates for example) but it smells very sweet (if too sweet, that I was a bit pessimistic) and actually tastes lovely. I have worked through the entire packet this past month and I don't think I've ever achieved that with any tea that wasn't PG Tips. 


3. Nakd Bars & Nibbles

Those who have read my other posts will know I did a post on Trek Protein flapjacks not to long ago (you can find it here) which are a partner of Nakd. Ever since my aunt gave me my first chocolate Nakd bar I've grown more and more in love with them, and now my favourite are the chocolate orange bars and the new salted caramel (almost a theme here) nibbles. I do like some of the other flavours but these are my 2 faves and they've been perfect for that healthier kick for a full day of lectures or essay writing.


4. A Cuckoo's Calling and Girl on a Train

On the reading front, I have been absolutely hooked by these two books - for which a blog post will be up very soon! I don't want to give anything away but they are both equally exciting and I just couldn't put them down. For both books (kind of crime solving mystery books) I was utterly gobsmacked by the end and was gutted when I had finished them. Bring on the next one ... - I think I've found my favourite genre.


5. York Coffee Shops

Since starting uni again - now in my second year - I've been taking little visits into town to attempt to try out each of the millions of adorable little coffee shops in York. I try and do a blog post (and I think I've managed it just) on each one I've been visiting and I'll link them at the end of this post - so if you're ever in York pop into one of these gems for a treat! I've really been loving this little break of student life (whether it be essay writing or lectures or even the drama from uni itself) and been taking a bit of me time - could spend hours in there with the two books above - to relax and reflect a bit and avoid letting all the stress build up in me.


6. Cadbury Snow bites!

I kind of fell in love with these last year but just the mere sight of them in the shops has lifted my spirits because it's Christmassy and that means we can celebrate! These gorgeous little bites are basically mini eggs but for christmas and the shell coating is sort of dusted making them all snowy and lovely - and, well who doesn't love a bit of Cadbury eh?



York Coffee Shop reviews

What have you been loving?





31 comments :

  1. I've never tried any of these..however, anything salted caramel i LOVE! Haha! XO

    Courtney | Courtselizabeth | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would highly recommend, yes I'm really loving salted caramel at the moment!

      Delete
  2. I love the fact we have Christmassy foods back in stores! And the more salted caramel the better ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it just makes the lead up that much better! I'm seriously loving salted caramel everything right now!

      Delete
  3. Mmm! These all look like super cozy Christmas-filled snacks!

    Rae of Love from Berlin
    Bloglovin' // instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh they are! I recommend! I can demolish a whole packet of these snow bites in record time, I'm sure!

      Delete
  4. You had me at salted caramel! Yum.

    http://www.racheldinh.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha this made me chuckle! I totally agree, salted caramel everything!!!

      Delete
  5. Isn't the salted caramel green tea so much better than just green tea haha ♥

    tipscapsule.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So much better! I've now finished the whole pack and I've got the Gingerbread one to try!

      Delete
  6. I love NAKD products !! :)
    please follow my blog : THE COLORFUL THOUGHTS

    ReplyDelete
  7. This tea sounds perfect! Definitely going to get my hands on it! :)
    Urban Obsessions // Vegan Food, Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a lover of plain green tea or fruit teas, but found this one really nice!

      Delete
  8. Looks good!

    http://www.queenhorsfall.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I never tasted or saw that cadbury snow bites before! I must find it!

    Joyce // Joycentricity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness! Go out and get them right now! haha. They are a delight!

      Delete
  10. Nice favourites! Thanks for sharing ♥♥

    summerdaisy.net

    ReplyDelete
  11. The dairy snowmen bites sound delicious! Can't wait to try them :)

    Sarah | What Sarah Writes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're great! So wintery and Christmassy ... and chocolatey ;)

      Delete
  12. I have been meaning to read girl on a train, and also that green tea sounds awesome!
    Tegan xx - Permanent Procrastination

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely start, I was a bit apprehensive at first, my dad really wanted to read it then gave it to me when he finished and I didn't really think it was for me but it was really brilliant!

      Delete
  13. I love nakd products, the crunch bars are my favourite :) I'm also a huge fan of Galbraith but need to read Girl on the Train. Have you read Gone Girl or Before I go to Sleep?

    Writing Possibility

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmm I agree, they are delish! Girl on a Train is so good, if you like the Galbraith ones I definitely recommend it! No I haven't but I've heard so many good things about Gone Girl, I'll have to give it a go! What did you think of them?

      Delete
  14. I absolutely love Nakd bars as they're delicious, and don't seem all that bad for you. Am I right? Or am I right? ;) xx, adaatude.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right Adaleta! They are scrummy and such a guilt free study snack!

      Delete
  15. Getting over a broken heart with the help of Dr Frank Ojo, he saved my marriage...! My name is Natasha Becky. I'm happily married to a lovely and caring husband with two kids. A very big problem occurred in my family seven months ago,between me and my husband .so terrible that he took the case to court for a divorce.he said that he never wanted to stay with me again,and that he didn't love me anymore.So he packed out of the house and made me and my children passed through severe pain. I tried all my possible means to get him back,after much begging,but all to no avail.and he confirmed it that he has made his decision,and he never wanted to see me again. So on one evening,as i was coming back from work,i met an old friend of mine who asked of my husband .So i explained every thing to him,so he told me that the only way i can get my husband back,is to visit a spell caster,because it has really worked for him too.So i never believed in spell,but i had no other choice,than to follow his advice. Then he gave me the email address of the spell caster whom he visited.{Templeofloveandprosperity@gmail.com}. So the next morning,i sent a mail to the address he gave to me,and the spell caster assured me that i will get my husband back the next day.What an amazing statement!! I never believed,so he spoke with me,and told me everything that i need to do. Then the next morning, So surprisingly, my husband who didn't call me for the past 9 months,gave me a call to inform me that he was coming back.So Amazing!! So that was how he came back that same day,with lots of love and joy,and he apologized for his mistake,and for the pain he caused me and my children. Then from that day,our relationship was now stronger than how it were before,by the help of a spell caster. So, If you have any problem contact him, I give you 100% guarantee that he will help you, Thanks to Dr Frank Ojo for bringing back my husband ,and brought great joy to my family once again, so here his email address { Templeofloveandprosperity@gmail.com } Website address: http://lovespell2.yolasite.com, Thanks Dr Frank Ojo for restoring my marriage.

    ReplyDelete