Monday, 2 November 2015

Things I love about Autumn

This is a common blog post idea I think, but it's also one of my favourites. I love reading about autumn, seeing the nice pictures and hearing what different people enjoy this time of year, so here's my go at it.

1. The Colours


Of course, the main thing we all love about Autumn is the beautiful red, orange, yellow and burgundy colours that fall from the trees and blanket the pavements. I also love the colours in fashion at this time of year, I love to bring out the burgundy and the browns of my clothes. I also take it upon myself this time of year to market the dark purple and red lippys and use them pretty much daily - I love them so much! I have a lovely dark purpley-burgundy No 7 one which is my fave.

2. Fireplaces

Now being at uni, I've been far from the dear warmth and cosiness of when dad would light the fire in the living room and we'd all watch Strictly under blankets on the sofa. However, it's still one of the things I love about this time of year and I'm very excited to have many a fire when I'm home for the Christmas holidays.

3. Hot choccys and festive drinks!


Well duh! Something I've started to do this year (since our house is closer to town now) is pop into town and visit a different coffee shop. Either with friends or on my own, I try and pop down every now and then and endulge in a lovely coffee/hot choc at a new spot in York (there are so many that it's my mission to visit as many as possible before I finish uni!) and do a bit of work or just watch the world go by. Similarly, me and my housemates have formed a slight tradition involving, a box of chocolates, hot chocolates and Gogglebox and I'm loving it. I really want to try the Gu salted caramel hot choc too - sounds delish! (Mentioned on Zoella's blog)

4. Nature

I personally agree that Autumn is the most beautiful time of year. I love taking photos of all the stunning colours and trees and birdies everywhere, as well as the kids playing about and everyone wrapped up warm and cosy with their families. I also really enjoy the weather at this time (mostly). I mean I'm never really a fan of rain - when I'm outside in it - but when the suns out but the airs cold and crispy, I love it! And to be honest, cosy nights in are just made better when it's tipping down outside, aren't they?





5. Warm baths and candles!

Sadly in our new house at uni, baths are a rare occurrence for me, and I'm still not sure whether or not we're allowed candles so I'm playing it safe. However, this does mean two things I love about autumn once again have to be saved for when I return home for the Christmas holidays - I'm counting down and It's now only 33 days until I have a nice hot, extremely bubbly, lush-Christmas-bath-bomb-smelling, Yankee candle-lit bath waiting for me!



What do you love about Autumn? 





23 comments :

  1. Very nice. Would love it if you could check out my latest Chanel post!
    Kisses xo | From Aliona With Love 

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love autumnal colours too! And I need to try the Gu salted caramel hot chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so beautiful around now, yes it sounds amazing, I love Gu stuff!

      Delete
  3. I think if we got Autumn here, I'd be in love with the fireplaces and colours, for sure.

    May | THE MAYDEN | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are a treat! What's Autumn like in Brunei?

      Delete
  4. For me, nothing beats a cozy night in ♥

    tipscapsule.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are lovely photos! I love the autumn colours and going for autumn walks!!! Xx :)

    thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Autumn is also my favourite time of year! The colours are so pretty. Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my blog XX

    The Fashion Road

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are aren't they? No worries, I love your fashion style!

      Delete
  7. Love this post! Autumn colours are so beautiful, and hot drinks are the best at this time of year :) Love the pictures too! xx
    Chasing Belle 23

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Georgia! They are indeed, and I've just got the Costa email about trying out the new Christmas flavours and I'm incredibly excited!! Haha

      Delete
  8. This post is awesome! That's why I'll definitely follow your blog to see the new ones!

    p.s. new post about how I met Victoria Beckham already on my blog

    Diana Cloudlet
    www.dianacloudlet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, love your last post - those red trousers look fab on you and I love that clutch!

      Delete
  9. Autumn = Autumn colors. I reaaaally love looking at them and I admit is one of my guilty pleasures xD

    Joyce | Joycentricity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it seems to be everyone's favourite part, but it's just so beautiful - definitely the prettiest season (in England anyway!)

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Thanks so much, I'll definitely check it out!

      Delete
  11. Hot baths must be the best thing about autumn for me! But I have the same problem with not being able to have baths where I live... I'll get back to my family home soon enough and run a long hot bath then!

    Claire // Technicolour Dreamer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I'm so excited! Haha! But there's a really nice soap shop in York and it does lovely bath bombs so I'm going to have to bring loads home!

      Delete
    2. Getting over a broken heart with the help of Dr Frank Ojo, he saved my marriage...! My name is Natasha Becky. I'm happily married to a lovely and caring husband with two kids. A very big problem occurred in my family seven months ago,between me and my husband .so terrible that he took the case to court for a divorce.he said that he never wanted to stay with me again,and that he didn't love me anymore.So he packed out of the house and made me and my children passed through severe pain. I tried all my possible means to get him back,after much begging,but all to no avail.and he confirmed it that he has made his decision,and he never wanted to see me again. So on one evening,as i was coming back from work,i met an old friend of mine who asked of my husband .So i explained every thing to him,so he told me that the only way i can get my husband back,is to visit a spell caster,because it has really worked for him too.So i never believed in spell,but i had no other choice,than to follow his advice. Then he gave me the email address of the spell caster whom he visited.{Templeofloveandprosperity@gmail.com}. So the next morning,i sent a mail to the address he gave to me,and the spell caster assured me that i will get my husband back the next day.What an amazing statement!! I never believed,so he spoke with me,and told me everything that i need to do. Then the next morning, So surprisingly, my husband who didn't call me for the past 9 months,gave me a call to inform me that he was coming back.So Amazing!! So that was how he came back that same day,with lots of love and joy,and he apologized for his mistake,and for the pain he caused me and my children. Then from that day,our relationship was now stronger than how it were before,by the help of a spell caster. So, If you have any problem contact him, I give you 100% guarantee that he will help you, Thanks to Dr Frank Ojo for bringing back my husband ,and brought great joy to my family once again, so here his email address { Templeofloveandprosperity@gmail.com } Website address: http://lovespell2.yolasite.com, Thanks Dr Frank Ojo for restoring my marriage.

      Delete