Friday, 6 November 2015

Things that tell you Christmas is on the way!

Ok Halloween's finished, bonfire night's over,it's officially time to start celebrating Christmas right?

Well I break up for uni at the beginning of December so, we need to decorate the house!


I'm sure most of you out there have been feeling a bit nippy, or have passed a shop window or pub with 'Book now for Christmas' signs, even some of you may have heard the odd Christmas song on the radio...so yes I feel it's time. So here are a few things we all know and love that get us just that bit more excited for the holiday ahead!


1. When the leaves go from being dry and colourful, to being crunchy with frost!

Link

All you early risers know what I mean. When you wake up and see that blanket of fog outside your window, or walk down the road to school/uni and the grass and leaves have those frosty silver highlights on the top. Winters looming...


2. When advent calendars and selection boxes come into supermarkets

Now to be honest, I think they were there from October, but hey just the sight fills me with excitement I think, doesn't it you? I'm a Cadbury girl at heart - which one do you go for?


3. The famous John Lewis Advert. (or indeed the Coca Cola advert!)


So have we all seen the John Lewis advert? Any tears? I'm sure there are many. I've got to say they've done better, the penguin was sort of adorable, however, it doesn't make me any less excited. I'm sorry but I can start celebrating now can't I?


4. The local Chestnuts vendor in town.

Now there aren't any of these back where I'm from, but since being in York, I am loving the cute little vendors on the streets of town selling ice cream in the summer and chestnuts in the winter - I just hope they were roasted on an open fire!


5. The start of Strictly Come Dancing/X Factor/ Downton Abbey



I'm sure at least one of these is a tradition among some of you - for me it's Downton Abbey and I really do love it! (In my family it's also Strictly, however the lack of recognisable people for me each year and the fact that I'm really busy at uni and have had to prioritise my TV habits has left me a bit late on the bandwagon this year)


6. It starts getting dark at 4.30pm!

Yep, the clocks are back and now Halloween's over - it's officially time folks! I do love the talk evenings that just make snuggling up in bed/ on the sofa that much more cosy! However it does make my mind think sleep at about 5 which isn't great when I've got a ton of essays to write.

27 comments :

  1. It has been getting dark so early! Definitely feels like winter is here now, but it makes me so tired and not want to do much in the evenings! x

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know just what you mean! If I get home around 4/5 that's me done for the evening - my mind is in sleep and cosy-evening mode, haha.

      Delete
  2. lovely post and photos ! :)
    please follow my blog : THE COLORFUL THOUGHTS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh I live near York and I love going there near Christmas :) Such a festive little city! I'm excited for Christmas too..I actually prefer the build up to the day itself usually because then I just get sad that it's another 364 days away!

    Emma xx

    A Little Freckle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree! Around this time, or beginning of December is the best! The celebration part and the excitement is way better that the day itself!

      Delete
  4. Aw this post is so cute, I'm slowly but surely getting excited for Christmas! I feel like the John Lewis advert isn't quite as good this year but it's still definitely a tear jerker. I also love it when the fallen leaves and grass collect frost, as its so satisfying stepping on them when they crunch under your feet haha :) x
    Charlotte's Road // Beauty, Fashion + Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I've already cracked out the Mariah Carey tunes (don't judge me! haha) Yeh, I do agree - however I did catch it come on the TV again yesterday and a few tears did fall, so they've done it again!

      Delete
  5. Loved this post! :) <3 I honestly can't believe Christmas is so soon, that last year really flew by! x Personally, I don't like how early it gets dark now. :( Sucks to leave work at 5pm when it's already pitch black outside, it's like we never see any sunshine anymore! x

    Following on bloglovin' <3

    Kay
    http://shoesandglitter.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's gone by super fast! Yeh I agree, I do miss the sun a bit, especially now we're in a bit of a wet-patch (quite literally) and it's just raining all day long!

      Delete
  6. Lovely post! I can't believe that it's almost time for the holidays already. Here in Texas, hurricane and rain season always tells me that Christmas is on the way. It's finally getting slightly colder in the mornings and nights. I can't wait to be able to start wearing my scarves ^^

    http://stressedbutkawaii.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I love it! Christmas-time is the best time! I do love scarf and hat season!

      Delete
  7. i can't stand how it gets dark so early but i'm definitely excited about the holidays!

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I agree! I'm so unbelievably excited for Christmas, you have no idea!

      Delete
  8. Yes, yes, yes & yes! Haha this is so on point, the John Lewis ad is the Christmas bible.

    Bethany x

    www.bethanyalicemarie.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, love your enthusiasm! Glad you agree, I'm so excited!

      Delete
  9. None of these apply to where I live because we're equatorial and the country doesn't celebrate Christmas, but the arrival of X Factor and Christmas albums are the telltale signs for me! Lovely list nonetheless, Josie!

    May | THE MAYDEN

    ReplyDelete
  10. This has really put me in the christmassy mood! I love this time of year.

    Ashleigh xx
    www.quintessentiallyme.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, I'm so glad! Me too, it's literally the best!

      Delete
  11. I love all the different seasons and the anticipation of Christmas - chestnuts and chocolate advent calendars, yum! I'm not that keen on the John Lewis ad this year. I think it's probably supposed to be uplifting but I just find it depressing - not sure what that says about me! x

    Kate Louise Blogs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely, I'm so looking forward to my advent calendar! (I'm not nearly in my 20's or anything *insert awkward embarrassed emoji*) haha! No I agree, it did make me cry (which I think it probably their aim nowadays) but yeh it was quite upsetting rather than happy, I'd hate to be all alone on the moon at Christmas!

      Delete
  12. The worst part of this time of year is the fact that it gets dark so early. The sun setting at 4:30 PM is such an enormous bummer to me. I can never get over it. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeh it does get quite depressing doesn't it. Just tuck up with a hot choc and a good film and blanket and enjoy the cosiness!

      Delete
  13. Getting over a broken heart with the help of Dr Frank Ojo, he saved my marriage...! My name is Natasha Becky. I'm happily married to a lovely and caring husband with two kids. A very big problem occurred in my family seven months ago,between me and my husband .so terrible that he took the case to court for a divorce.he said that he never wanted to stay with me again,and that he didn't love me anymore.So he packed out of the house and made me and my children passed through severe pain. I tried all my possible means to get him back,after much begging,but all to no avail.and he confirmed it that he has made his decision,and he never wanted to see me again. So on one evening,as i was coming back from work,i met an old friend of mine who asked of my husband .So i explained every thing to him,so he told me that the only way i can get my husband back,is to visit a spell caster,because it has really worked for him too.So i never believed in spell,but i had no other choice,than to follow his advice. Then he gave me the email address of the spell caster whom he visited.{Templeofloveandprosperity@gmail.com}. So the next morning,i sent a mail to the address he gave to me,and the spell caster assured me that i will get my husband back the next day.What an amazing statement!! I never believed,so he spoke with me,and told me everything that i need to do. Then the next morning, So surprisingly, my husband who didn't call me for the past 9 months,gave me a call to inform me that he was coming back.So Amazing!! So that was how he came back that same day,with lots of love and joy,and he apologized for his mistake,and for the pain he caused me and my children. Then from that day,our relationship was now stronger than how it were before,by the help of a spell caster. So, If you have any problem contact him, I give you 100% guarantee that he will help you, Thanks to Dr Frank Ojo for bringing back my husband ,and brought great joy to my family once again, so here his email address { Templeofloveandprosperity@gmail.com } Website address: http://lovespell2.yolasite.com, Thanks Dr Frank Ojo for restoring my marriage.

    ReplyDelete