Saturday, 28 November 2015

Top 10 Favourite Christmas Films

So it's nearly Christmas; come on now it's almost December and we've got a lot to do!

One of those things to do is to snuggle up the fire with hot chocolates in our hand and onesies/Christmas jumpers on and watch some good old Christmas films!

 So I thought I'd share with you the top 10 films that are on my list of Christmas films that I'm going to be watching over the next few weeks.

So....

1. Elf


Nuff said!

2. Love Actually



Probably one of my favourite films ever! Every year me and mum (just us, no men allowed) we snuggle up with Cadbury chocolate snowmen and enjoy this amazing film!

3. It's a Wonderful Life


Now contrary to popular households, my childhood Christmases never included the Home Alone series but instead we always watch the oldies like It's a Wonderful Life (one of my faves!) and a few more I've listed below - but this one definitely tops!

4. Family Man


Again, not a Christmas film that anyone else I know watches each year, and although I'm not Nicholas Cage's biggest fan, this film is adorable and so heart warming and perfectly captures the classic 'Family Man' and family life!


5. Polar Express


A Christmas Classic let's be honest, who wouldn't want a ride with Tom Hanks on The Polar Express?


6. Santa Claus


Tim; what a guy! You couldn't cast a better actor for this role and it has become a classic within our family (and the second one two if we've got enough time!).


7. Miracle on 34th Street

Photo credit here and here

Now since, I'm a fan of Matilda and mum loves the good old black and white versions, we tend to fit in both of these gems during December. So sweet, festive and heart warming! I also did used to have a slight crush on Dylan Mcdermot in this film - anyone else? Just me?


8. White Christmas


Mum loves a bit of Bing at Christmas, what can I say?


9. The Holiday


What a film! Come on, who doesn't love the Holiday! Great cast and wonderful storyline (even if it is a bit hollywood for a Christmas film!) - and even if you don't like it, at least watch it in order to look at Jude Law for an hour or two eh?


10. Bishops Wife


Now, this is probably a film not known to many, but I'd be interested if anyone does enjoy this film? It's another black and white classic that my mum has introduced and it's just sort of stuck as tradition in our family. Also if anyone's ever watched the old Pink Panther films (no not Steve Martin) with David Niven (right), you'll know he's hilarious and his work alongside Cary Grant (left) is brilliantly filmed in this fab film!


So here's a few of my favourite Christmas Classics, I'd love to know if any of these feature in your traditional go-tos at Christmas, or any others that you love to watch at this time of year?

PS we may have watched Elf already the other day, anyone else already started watching them?





37 comments :

  1. Elf is so good! Can't believe I've never seen its a wonderful life! Xx
    Glossy Boutique

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It probably is one of the best not going to lie! I can't believe you haven't seen it, definitely try to if you get the chance!

      Delete
  2. love actually is one of my all time faves, love the holiday as well!

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Love Actually is probably my favourite too! Such great films!

      Delete
  3. love actually is one of my all time faves, love the holiday as well!

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Polar express is such a classic x

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree Nicole! Such an uplifting film!

      Delete
  5. I have literally watched all these movies and they are perfect now that Christmas is just around the corner! Ah. The year flew by so quick that I cant believe it. Great post by the way Josie. <3

    XO, Ruth Sarai
    http://stuck-in-rewind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Ruth, I know, I literally don't know where this year has gone! I'm glad you agree with my choices, I'm so excited to watch them all!

      Delete
  6. I've watched hardly any of these! Probably because my idea of Christmas viewing is to watch Love Actually at least three times...
    Jennifer x
    Ginevrella | Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha really? Nothing wrong in that - I'm pretty sure I'll be having Love Actually on repeat whenever I get the chance tbh!

      Delete
  7. So many great Christmas movies here! I love Elf, such a classic!

    http://www.theaisleofstyle.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing these! I am on the look out for holiday films. So this is very helpful♥

    summerdaisy.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, glad you found it helpful and I hope you enjoy them!!

      Delete
  9. Ahh I totally love Love Actually and The Holiday as well! They are so good. I'm looking forward to watching them with my sis in a couple weeks! x

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are brilliant! Love Actually is probably one of my favourite films ever, I'm so excited!

      Delete
  10. Elf is my absolute favourite film but Christmas with the Kranks is definitely a close second. Have you seen it? I don't believe you mentioned it. Also, I just wanted to quickly reach out and say a quick thank you for your absolutely amazing comments and responses you leave on my posts. You seem like an amazingly caring person and it means so much every time you comment. I just wanted to let you know I'm thankful for you and even if I don't have the time to respond most days, I see everything you post and am so thankful for your kind words.
    Stefanie | Casualllyawkward | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I've never seen that one, I'll have to give it a go! Oh thank you so much, that really means a lot, I love your blog, your posts are so nice to read and really endearing and enlightening!

      Delete
  11. Polar Express is one of my favorites for XMas!!!
    XX

    Mónica Sors

    MES VOYAGES À PARIS

    THE PERFECT RED DRESS!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so Christmassy and sweet, I love it!

      Delete
  12. Home Alone is my absolute must during Christmas time! Also, always wanted to see It's A Wonderful Life, but never got to do it. I think this Christmas is the time I will do it :) x

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is a common popular one, I think! I really like It's a Wonderful Life, it's amazing at Christmas!

      Delete
  13. My favourite is the little lord! Reminds me of my childhood :)

    xoxo, Colli
    Win a Daniel Wellington at my Santa Claus Giveaway!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I've never heard of that! I love ones that remind me of my childhood (basically all of the above),

      Have a lovely Christmas!

      Delete
  14. SANTAA!!!! I KNOW HIM!!!!! Elf is by far my favourite Christmas movie!
    I'm putting my Christmas tree up this weekend so going to have a Christmas movie marathon!
    Lx
    Elle Bloggs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, this made me chuckle! It is probably one of the best! Ahh how exciting, that's only fitting!

      Delete
  15. I watched all these films and I do love Love Actually, It's A Wonderful Life and The Holiday :) great picks!

    MONDAY PROJECTS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, they are all goodens aren't they! It's not Christmas without Love Actually and It's a Wonderful Life!

      Delete
  16. I love all of these movie!

    Thanks for sharing :)

    xo

    www.dylanasuarez.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them too! No problem, glad you liked it! Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  17. My favourite christmas movie has to be home alone! I am definitely going to check out some of the others that are on your list:)

    Eilidh from Velvet Winter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that is a popular one, I need to watch it again I think! I think I love them most because they remind me of my childhood and family!

      Delete
  18. I have only ever seen Love Actually out of these, I'm so bad at Christmas movies, need to fix that! How the Grinch stole Christmas is the big favorite at home, and pretty much the only one we watch, haha, but a change will be made and I will check these out! :D

    Filippa ⎮ http://alwaysadot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, to be fair Love Actually is probably one of the very best! But how have you not seen Elf??? Yes the Grinch is a gooden, I always watch it with my cousins children, they love it!

      Delete
  19. This is such a great blog post idea. I am SUCH a big fan of Love Actually, it's such a heart warming movie & Elf is so cute too. I agree with all of these! xx, adaatude.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Adaleta, glad you like it! Oh my God, I watched it yesterday with my mum and we were in bits!

      Delete