Wednesday, 20 January 2016

Juicy Juicy!*

Recently I got sent a Philips juicer to have a go at making some nice healthy juices! I was also given a page of Joe Wicks juice ideas so I thought I'd have a go at some of them!

My favourite of his suggestions were the 'Zesty Zinger' (1 pear, 1 orange, 1/2 a fennel bulb and 1/2 lemon) and 'Mr Leanie' (2 carrots, 2 apples, small handful of coriander, handful of kale).

The other ones I tried were;

'Feel Fresh Juice'
2 apples
2 celery sticks
1 lemon
1/2 a cucumber

This was ok tbh but I'm not a celery fan so maybe just 1 stick (or added another apple or orange or something) could be more up my street.

'Carrot or the Stick'
2 carrots
5 celery sticks (I used 4)
1 beetroot 
1 pear

Ones I'm definitely going to try include the Beetroot Reboot Juice (2 beetroots, 1 pear, 1 carrot and handful of spinach) as apparently beetroots are good for cleansing (the liver in particular, which is always good after those Sunday nights in Revs) 


This is one of my lovely (my favourite) juices I made the other day including just; 

3 carrots
3 oranges
2 apples

And it was delicious!

Also sometimes I add a touch of ginger which is meant to be quite good for cleansing and goes well in an orange and apple juice.


This juicer is brilliant! It was so easy to use and clean and, although I was unsure about putting it together since the instructions were just pictures, I got the hang of it quite quickly. It's also perfect at packing some healthy bits into a tasty juice that I can take around university!




Has anyone else used a juicer? What do you think?

If anyone has a go at any of these juices I've mentioned, take a picture and tweet or instagram with the #RealJuiceReboot




13 comments :

  1. I love making my own juice once in a while! It's very good and full of vitamins :)

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're absolutely right, so yummy too!

      Delete
  2. These look so nice! I just got a juicer for my birthday yesterday so I might try these out :)
    -Morgan x
    http://justmorgs.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh you definitely should! My fave is apple, carrot and orange (although anything with orange is really tasty!) but other good ones are green juices (bung in a bit of orange and it tastes less green!) and ones with cranberries!

      Delete
  3. Ah this looks ab - I love juicing, makes me feel so energised in the mornings...will have to try this one out!
    Lx
    Elle Bloggs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are great, let me know what you think! Yes I agree, I feel so healthy and full of energy!

      Delete
  4. This sounds and looks delicious! It was so long ago I drank any juice this made me want to do some right away haha! I'll try your recipes asap! :D

    Filippa ⎮ Always a Dot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I go through phases of loving it and then forgetting about it! These recipes are delish though!

      Delete
  5. I love, love, LOVE healthy juices and this one looks so yummy! I just came across your blog and I love it! Hope you are having a great week, Josie! xx

    Ale | www.alemint.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks so much Maria! It really is, I made a big batch yesterday and it's nearly gone!

      Delete
  6. My parents always had a juicer when I was growing up and I always loved having fresh juice. Really missing it now I've moved out! Thinking I'll have to get myself a new one soon ^^

    Chloe x | Snug Corner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea Chloe! It's a nice thing to have and use!

      Delete