Tuesday, 20 September 2016

Being Busy in Belgium

One of my amazing trips away this summer was to visit my darling cousin out in Belgium.

After she had been living there for a couple of months I finally got the chance to go out there for a weekend and we visited the lovely towns of Gent and Brussels.

Gent:


Me and one lovely Aperol Spritz!



Firstly I'll tell you about our day in Gent. Luckily it was a gorgeous day, with a blazing sun beaming down on us all day! And ... there was a festival on during the day which was brilliant. It meant that all we did all day was potter around and explore the town, stopping for drinks and food along the way and were pleasantly entertained by a variety of street performers. Some of them were actually really good (some not so good), such as the musicians - there was a girl band on a stage giving a free concert in the middle of the town who were awesome and varied their songs so that there were French and English ones! There was also a dance teacher teaching this cool street routine to a bunch of kids (and adults) watching or passing by!







We popped into a few shops and managed to find a little restaurant out by the river, which was surrounded by gorgeous flowers and bikes and looked cute.



Playsuit : Boohoo (No longer available)




Brussels


On our first night a local friend of my cousins gave us some great tips for where to go in the evening. So we ventured out into the town to a little square called Delirium, where we went for a lovely meal (apparently meatballs are a common Belgian food - who knew?) and then out to this cocktail bar called Floris Bar, which was down this very bustling, local, side street and served - I'm not kidding - THE BEST cocktails I think I've ever had in my life!

All the ones I had were rum based and were simply divine! If you're ever in Brussels I urge you to go for some cheeky cocktails there, you won't ever want to leave!



Of course no trip to Belgium is complete without a Belgian waffle!! Mmmm! (And I of course brought home a few boxes of Belgian chocolates - we went into Leonidas for ours and they were beaut!)


Apparently the main tourist landmark for Brussels found deep in the town centre (Grand Place) is 'Le Manneken Pis' - yep it is indeed a tiny statue of a child peeing into a fountain! 


My cousin said that people usually dress him up in funny costumes but unfortunately he wasn't when we visited - so if you're ever there look out for some cool costumes!


Anyone ever visited Belgium? What did you think?


15 comments :

  1. Looks soooo stunning!! And ohmygod that nutella!!! Yummmmmmmmmm!!! :D looks like such a fun time!!

    xx SofiaaDot
    sofiaadot.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was gorgeous! And Oh God, the waffles with nutella are incredible!

      Delete
  2. Oh wow, these photos are so dreamy Josie - Belgium looks absolutely gorgeous, I'd love to visit one day. I'm drooling over the photos of the waffles <3
    www.britishmermaid.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks so much Cara! It was really pretty - the waffles were amazing!!

      Delete
  3. These pictures are so stunning, looks like you had an amazing time! I've never been but I would love to go! x

    |Georgia Megan|

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Georgia! I had a fabulous time, it was lovely to see my cousin and it's a beautiful place, I'd definitely recommend going!

      Delete
  4. I went to Belgium in June, such a gorgeous place! Great photos xxx

    ALittleKiran | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww lovely, did you have a nice time? Thanks very much!

      Delete
  5. Beautiful place :)

    http://trapeziovermelho.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely pictures! Seems like you had a great time :)

    What about following each other? :)

    Caro x

    http://nilooorac.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carolin, yes it was such a lovely weekend!

      Yeh sure, thanks - love your blog design btw!

      Delete