Friday, 24 February 2017

Thinking of Sunnier Days*

Sup All!

I'm very sorry that posts have been rather rare recently, time seems to be flying by and all taken up by this dreaded dissertation project, as well as part time work and attempting the odd social occasion/night out... oh and some sleep if I'm lucky! 

Not to worry, when Easter comes along a huge weight will have been lifted (hopefully) and I'll have much more time to put back into blogging, but for now things might be a bit slow!

Nonetheless, I've been daydream-procrastinat-ing, thinking about - and very much longing for - Spring/Summer and the sunnier, brighter things that follow! I think it's suffice to say that the cold, dreary winter isn't quite as enjoyable when there's no Christmas round the corner!

So in my planning for Summer (and attempting to find cheap, fun holiday destinations for end of uni whilst still saving for Australia, paying for rent/food and the odd Salt and Pepper takeaway after a night in Society!) I've been planning a splendid Summer do for a End-Of-Degree/Very belated 21st Birthday/It's Summer and I just want to drink Pimm's and have fun Party! You know, a Classic!

I've very fortunate enough to have a rather large, extended and (now my parents have cleaned it all up and decorated) really nice back garden and it makes for a great space for a summer party! So I thought I'd share with you some fun ways I plan on decorating it and a few bits and bobs and some odd furniture, that I think would go absolutely fabulously!

Outdoor Bits:

Porto Lounge Set

Something that's always handy at a summer party is some great, comfy and stylish seating areas for those who want to sit and eat their BBQ or have a civilised chat with a drink in hand. Mum managed to snab a lovely ratten set like this one (although not quite as stylish) from Groupon but you can grab them from most furniture shops and garden centres. This one from Cox and Cox definitely grabbed my eye - and they're so good for summer (even if it's not for a party) - definitely gets us out in the sunshine a bit more!



Indoor/Outdoor Double Cushion

A fab idea for those without much outdoor seating however - or if you just have soo many friends - is this awesome looking cushion! We have a rather long garden and right down the back is a tiny little patio by the grass and several trees, bushes and flowers surrounding it and I can picture one or two of these outdoor cushions laid on the grass for a cute little chill area away from all the bustle, where you could sit and chit chat or have a cheeky sunbathe!



Four LED Lights

Now my parents have been on the hunt for some lovely outdoor lights that they like and, personally my fave are the fairy-light like ones that you can wrap round the trees and wind through the plants, but they're huge fans of the hanging tree lights. You can grab these from many places I believe, many garden centres, Clas Ohlson and these lovely ones here from Cox and Cox.



Gazebo

Of course, if you're planning for your ace summer party to go on until the late hours of the morning (since it'll get darker a lot later!) or of course you're hosting it in England, and you want to cover all weather scenarios, then a gazebo is essential and I've picked out a few goodens from Halfords that won't break the bank! Always a nice touch to decorate the inside with outdoor fairy lights too!




(our little not-so-elegant set up for my parent's wedding party - balloons and bunting are always a good decoration!)


Food and Drink:

Obviously if you're going to throw a banging party, you're going to need some delicious food to accompany the jugs of Pimm's and Strawberries and Cream, of course!

Just a little bit more decor from the party! Cake made and decorated by yours truly


For my parents wedding party, we hosted it in our back garden and we had one cracking good Hog Roast! Unfortunately I couldn't find any photos, but I remember the deliciousness of those pork baps! I believe we went with the Spitting Pig in Berkshire since it was near to home but I'd very much recommend if you've got a number of guests and want the food taken care of.

Similarly, Costco do wonderful ready made trays of wraps, sandwiches and sushi that a few family friends have bought for various birthday parties and they've always gone down a treat, if you're looking for more nibbly/cheaper bits!

Other wonderful ideas are of course, a classic barby in the garden accompanied with a classic array of different salads and canapes!




Anyone else seriously excited for Summer even though it's barely Spring!?

Anyone got any awesome plans to look forward to? Or any parties planned?



*This post was in collaboration with Cox and Cox but all views and opinions are my own! 

14 comments :

  1. Ahhh girl this sounds SO exciting to plan - can't wait to see the pictures and I hope you have a wonderful time! Also, how lovely does the bunting/decorations look for your parents wedding?!

    Hayley xo
    www.frockmeimfamous.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I'm so excited! Just so excited for summer tbh! Thanks so much Hayley!

      Delete
  2. So many good ideas! I particularly love the LED lights and the Gazebo. I agree that, if you live in England, it's best to have some sort of covering, as well all know how the rain likes to come out and play without warning! Also, good luck on finishing your dissertation! I'm looking forward to the summer too. Sun, sun, sun!

    -Alicia x

    www.serenitylifeblog.com | Lifestyle & Advice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alicia - you're absolutely right, shelter can often be needed at very short notice so it's good to have a plan!

      Delete
  3. this post is lovely, i can't wait for summer too!
    www.marylee31.blogspot.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my god, this makes me want summer to come even faster!
    Beataba.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know me too! The sun is coming out more now and it's making me very giddy indeed!!

      Delete
  5. It was over 80 degrees yesterday in the Atlanta area, so I'm not quite ready for summer to hit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woah! I'm so jealous, it's certainly taking its time to warm up over here!

      Delete
  6. Looks like the perfect time!

    Xx,

    || FLOORTJELOVES ||

    www.floortjeloves.com

    www.bloglovin.com/blogs/floortjeloves-12198253

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a fab party!! Love your blog btw!

      Delete
  7. These all look fantastic! Perfect for the sunny days coming x

    www.natalieleanne.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! I'm so excited for summer - the recent sunny days have definitely boosted my mood!

      Delete