Friday, 14 April 2017

Baking Easter Brownies

Happy Easter to all!

So I was procrasti-baking last week and thought I'd make them Easter themed, using an idea I got from a Facebook video and thought I'd share the idea with the internet if anyone fancies anything different to the standard Chocolate-Cornflake mini egg nests (although I'll admit this was my first thought when deciding to get baking)!



As I've been quite tight for time lately, I picked up a cheat version and got one of the brownie packets by BakedIn where you just add 3 eggs and 200g unsalted butter, cook for 40 minutes in the oven and hey presto, 12 deliciously tasty brownies!



The idea I got to make them Easter-themed, was to use white chocolate and orange food colouring to coat some strawberries and make them look like carrots! However, unfortunately, when mixing in the food colouring, the melted white chocolate seemed to congeal (apparently don't melt it in the microwave?) so plan B was to make some orange icing to coat the strawberries and I think I just about saved them (however my presentation isn't always immaculate so I'm sure you could do a much better job!)


Once cooled, I covered them in chocolate spread and sprinkled on crushed Cadbury flake to look a bit like soil and then added the orange strawberry 'carrots'. And for a couple I used mini eggs, because you can't very well bake Easter themed cakes without them!


And voila, double chocolate brownies perfect for Easter - if they last until then?!


Disclosure, this post isn't sponsored by BakedIn, it was just the one I picked up from Tesco!

 My brother and I are kicking off Easter Weekend by heading up to London tonight to watch Part Two of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child and OH MY GOD It was so amazing last night I can't wait to see the rest!! How's everyone celebrating their Easter Weekend? 




20 comments :

  1. These look so delicious! I am rubbish at baking but want to try something new today! Going to give these a go. xx

    www.confettiandcashmere.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were very tasty (Could have used some more chocolate chips though!) ! Hope they work out well, let me know how they turn out!

      Delete
  2. Looks good!

    http://www.myclusterofthoughts.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katherine, they were delicious!

      Delete
  3. Haha, I saw that video on facebook too - tagged my mother in it to try and tempt her into testing the recipe! Think I might give it a whirl myself though, they look delicious! Also think 'procrasti-baking' may be my new favourite phrase :')

    //teandtwosugars.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, did it work? They looked much more impressive on the video tbf! Haha - glad you like it!

      Delete
  4. they look lovely!

    garnerkatie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh girl these look bloody AMAZING! <3 Anything which involves Mini Eggs is a YES from me!

    Hayley xo
    www.frockmeimfamous.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, they were pretty scrummy tbh! I agree, mini eggs are just the best!!

      Delete
  6. I am a sucker for brownies. And, damn do these look good. I have no doubt that they tasted as good!

    Steph
    www.socialspying.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look delicious!!! I love a good brownie hahah my waist not so much but oh well!! I made some Easter cupcakes and they went down a treat :) I was competing at a music championship over the Easter weekend and it was intense, but so much fun! Em xx

    http://edoublemamurray.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh that sounds amazing! How exciting, Well done!

      Delete
  8. Oh these look super super cute! And Procrastibaking is something I also do on a regular basis - so harmful, especially when you should be studying.

    Love, Kerstin
    http://www.missgetaway.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kerstin - yes it's a bit dangerous, both for my exams and my waistline! Haha!

      Delete
  9. Ohhh these look too good!! I love baking at Easter. It's so much fun and super tasty x

    Lauren | itslaurenvictoria.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it really is a must isn't it! I get so creative around Easter too for some reason!

      Delete